These are my must buy items for SS2012. What about you?
A glossy, ultra-luminous treatment lipstick: more colour than lip gloss, more shine than lipstick.
Creamy, imperceptible and ultra-comfortable, the texture of Sisley’s Phyto-Lip Shine is both extremely light and nourishing, with a treatment formula combining both intense gloss and absolute softness.
– Kokum and Mango butters help to hydrate, protect and provide comfort ,
– Film-forming polymers, shiny and sheer, help to smooth the lips, with a contouring and plumping effect.
– Sugar esters provide softness, comfort and shine.
Lips are softened, hydrated (+ 31% of hydration within 30 mn) and protected from environmental damage.. Dry lips are soothed and repaired.
Here’s the limelight of today’s FOTD – Phyto Lip Shine in Sheer Rosewood
Exquisitely packaged in a red velvet pouch.
This simple style was done with less than 5 products.
Shiseido Translucent Pressed Powder – compact, light & convenient, a finely milled powder for mattifying the complexion, although marketed as translucent, it’s actually rather light & best suit very fair to fair complexion. I think it has the potential of turning ashy on darker skin tone.
Rimmel Glam’Eyes Lash Flirt Volume & Lift Mascara – high street mascara that is rather interesting, as it doesn’t add volume or lift /curl lashes. What it does is actually lengthen lashes, without clumping thanks to its soft, flexible & pliable applicator. I had actually applied 3 -4 coats of this mascara one after another without experiencing any flaking or clumping. Oh, the tiny toothing comb like bristles actually allow you to brush the mascara on, from roots to tips. Long lasting without smudging as well.
Yves Saint Laurent Creme de Blush – I used shade no.2, powdery rose. This is a soft, creamy blush that spreads like silk & works like magic; Totally greaseless & without being streaky; Densely pigmented yet easily blended into a semi-matt, sheer finish. Heavenly !
Sisley Phyto Lip Shine – cashmere soft texture, this medium weight lipstick provides instant sheen with adequate opacity & color intensity. A great daily lipstick. Pity about the limited shade selection, average wear time; Not as moisturizing as I would like it to be.
So, here are some pics of me wearing sheer rosewood & powdery pink before heading out……
A delicate color scheme that’s versatile & easy to achieve, literally in minutes.
15 + 10 = 25
Yes, It’s that time of the year where random discount is abundant before the official mid season sales.
Strawberrynet is having 10% discount on all make up items, and together with my loyalty discount ( i.e. 25% discount in total ), I got myself these……
Estee Lauder CyberWhite Brilliant Perfection Full Spectrum Brightening Powder Makeup SPF25 – Warm Vanilla
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara – Steel Black
Shiseido Translucent Pressed Powder
Sisley – Phyto Lip Shine Ultra Shine Lipstick – Sheer Rosewood
Yves Saint Laurent Creme De Blush – Audacious Orange
Yves Saint Laurent Dessin Du Regard Long Lasting Eye Pencil – Deepest Green & Leather Brown
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture – Rose Venus
A soothing, creamy mask which instantly refreshes, smoothes & energizes the face thanks to its plumping formula rich in trace elements, vitamins and anti-aging ingredients:
Extract of Black Rose smoothes, provides free radicals protection & an instant tensor effect.
Alkekengi Calyx ( Sisley exclusive ), rich in polyphenols & anti-free radical, anti-collagenase properties – stimulates synthesis of collagen types I & III.
Extract of Great Mullein ( Sisley exclusive ), with anti-free radical and smoothing properties, prepares, protects & comforts the complexion.
Extract of Padina pavonica boosts the synthesis of GAGs in fibroblasts and form an effective water reservoir on the skin.
Vitamin E reinforces skin’s natural defenses.
Extract of Red Vine leaf tones and improves radiance.
Extract of Chorella feeds skin with trace elements, vitamins and amino acids.
Shea butter, Pro-vitamin B5, Vegetable Glycerine, Phytosqualane moisturize skin.
Essential oils of Rose and Magnolia soothes and softens while Essential oil of Geranium stimulates & revitalizes the skin.
So, is it worth splurging £88 on this luxurious cream mask?
This creamy, nourishing mask has a soft, nurturing texture & a very delicate yet intoxicating scent that instantly smoothes & relaxes the complexion & soul! It hydrates, plumps, tightens, lifts & erases signs of fatigue . However, these effects are temporary & it’s not a miracle cream mask that turns back time.
You could use this as a mask or left on overnight as an intensive treatment. I personally prefer to use it as an energizing, priming mask ( left on for 20 minutes, then well massaged into the skin with a spray or two of mineral water mist before wiping it off ) prior to make up.
IMO, it’s a luxurious version of Clarins Beauty Flash balm, with much better texture & aroma. Black Rose cream mask does plump & brighten, but its lifting/tensor effect is minimal.
To be precise, my Inflight beauty regime /rescue.
Sisley Eye Contour Mask – to hydrates, energizes, decongest & minimises puffiness; I saturate the cotton pads and leave it on ( underneath the sleeping eye mask / pad ) during my inflight nap.
Sisley Express Flower Gel – instant hydration boost & refreshing treatment before boarding ( only takes 3 minutes ) & landing; I call this my portable moisture reservoir.
Lanolips 101 Oilment – comforting balm for lips & cuticles; Smooths, lubricates & plumps.
La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion – nourishing & nutritive enough for the harsh cabin air, yet manages to keep my skin matte & refreshed despite the long haul flight across time zones ( 11 hours ! )
My pick of the 100 greatest beauty products :
1) Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex – cult classic for a reason, think of it as an investment / insurance plan for your youthful disposition, my advice ? Start early.
2) Clinique Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector – an eraser that wipe out multitudes of ageing signs, without abrasion & invasion ( that includes your bank account as well ).
3) Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil – THE oil, absolute indulgence that helps your skin looks its best.
4) La Mer The Radiant Serum – firms, hydrates, polishes & illuminates for a bright
5) Prevage Clarity Targeted Skin Tone Corrector – fight time & even out skin tone, in an ultra nourishing base that’s surprisingly light & pleasant.
6) Perricone Acyl Glutathione – THE iron & sewing machine, as I would call it; Nip, tuck & press your worn out skin with this wonderful cream that delivers what it promises.
7) Sisley Supremya – ultimate extravaganza; Turning back time couldn’t be more effortless & luxurious.
8) Caudalie Premier Cru – advance formulation that protects & preserves, restores & revives; Champagne treat for the complexion, cheers !
9) Snowberry Soothing Facial Massage Oil – simply gorgeous & nurturing ! Pioneering & sophisticated.
10) Lancome Genifique Youth Activator – youth preserver, totally worth its weight/reputation/buzz.
11) Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Concentrate – amazing brighteners with Tranexamic acid; Quasi-medicinal serum that leaves your complexion porcelain fine.
12) Antipodes Joyous Protein Rich Night Replenish Serum – nature’s gift, God’s send; Nourishing oil that plumps, boosts circulation & feeds the skin.
13) Sarah Chapman Skinesis Age Repair Concentrate – advance formula that incorporates exotic plant extracts & scientifically developed molecules. Simply divine.
14) Dr Sebagh Supreme Maintenance Youth Serum – facial resuscitation for rich bitches.
15) GlamGlow Tingling Exfoliating Mud Mask – you’ll need to use this to appreciate why Hollywood loves it. This volcanic pumice endowed mask rocks !
16) Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask – draws & purifies, revives & remineralises.
17) Sisley Express Flower Gel – flower dews that rehydrates & refresh in a flash.
18) Eve Lom Rescue Mask – powerhouse astringent that cleans, renews & awakes the complexion; Emergencies essential.
19) La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50 – weightless yet almighty when it comes to sun protection.
20) Hampton Sun Super Hydrating Face Cream SPF 15 – best scented ( or should I say unscented? ) sunscreen ever; Double up effectively as a moisturiser. Super hydrating, as its name implies.
21) Lierac Dioptilisse Lifting – decongests, firms, lifts & conceals. Morning must haves.
22) Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator – brightens & revives; Stimulating application/delivery methods.
23) La Mer The Eye Balm Intense – easily the best nourishing eye cream ever created.
24) Sisley Eye Contour Mask – multi-purpose treatment mask for the eyes. THE eye rescue, IMO.
25) Lancome Bi-Facil – best eye cleanser that removes long lasting, waterproof makeup; Gentle & efficient.
To be continue……