Okay, that’s not my age in case you wonder. It’s a beauty tag.
1. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge, or fingers?
I had mastered the art of applying & blending foundation with my fingers, so I usually use my clean fingers, although I have good brushes like Giorgio Armani foundation brush. I recently discovered a foundation pen that’s so amazing that my fingers might be retiring soon.
2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark? or dark to light?
Light to dark. Some rules are not mend to be broken.
3. Do you prime your eyes?
Only when needed, I usually prefer a brightener or highlighter around my eyes due to dark circles. My lids are not oily.
4. Concealer first, or after foundation?
After foundation, a good concealer should blend effortlessly on top of your foundation.
5. Go for manicures, or manicure yourself?
Manicure myself, can’t even stand a hair cut, let alone manicure.
6. Exfoliate lips, face or both?
Both, but more frequent over my chapped lips! A muslin cloth and a toothbrush are all I needed. All right, a good cleansing balm like Emma Hardie amazing face enriched with moringa seeds oil helps.
7. On average, how long does it take you to do your makeup?
Depends on the occasions …… About 15 mins when it’s rushing for work and up to 45 mins when it’s party time.
8. Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?
Emmmm, most day, over selected regions. I don’t like a 100% full make up face, I prefer spots emphasise & enhancement.
9. What release are you most excited about? (Makeup)
Chanel Fall 2010 collection & Guerlain Ecrin 6 Couleurs, Armani Long Last Silk Compact.
10. What’s your weakness? Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, eyeshadow, lipstick or other?
Bags & Watches, followed by base makeup & blushes.
11. Do you whiten your teeth?
12. Wax eyebrows, or pluck?
I am a Tweezerman.
13. What do you use to contour?
I just suck my cheeks in if I need to, or stop eating ! Basically I don’t and can’t do contouring, it just doesn’t suit me. However, I do lymphatic massage on my face at times to de-puff & activate circulation. Great for getting rid of fluid retention.
14. False lashes, or natural?
Natural, with mascara.
15. Favourite makeup brand?
I don’t really have one …… I’m a make up whore !
16. Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?
Pencil. Chanel, Dior or M.A.C have fantastic eye pencil.
17. Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?
Lipstick. I am team Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Bobbi Brown when it comes to lippy.
18. Pigments, pressed or cream eyeshadow?
Pressed, as always.
19. If you had to wear only one thing, excluding foundation; what would it be?
20. Favourite colours ?
Turquoise, Taupe, Grey.
21. Favourite color combination?
My imagination & creativity know no limitation.
22. Natural? or Dramatic? (Eye Makeup)
23. Do you care more for quality or name brand?
Quality. Sadly, most of the best products come from branded manufacturers, with higher price tags.
24. Do you enjoy using face masks? If so which ones?
I am firm believer in masking. For instant hydration, I like Sisley’s Express Flower Gel best; For nourishment, it’s PTR Mega Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Cellular Moisture Masque ; Eve Lom’s Rescue Mask for detoxification; Kose’s Sekkisei Supreme Massage Cream for brightening.
25. What is your current addiction? (example: lipsticks, eyeshadows, earrings)
Edward Bess Private Eye collection and Tom Ford’s Private Blend Lip Colour!
Art works by Yoko Tanji.