Some of my purchases while I was holidaying, most skincare items are brought in duty free……
Tag Archives: La Mer
The 1st post for VimS’s new feature – Treatment Thursday. I will post the reviews of treatment products worth featuring in great details here on a Thursday.
A unique product featuring La Mer legendary Miracle Broth ™, capturing the essence of the unique Smoothing Ferment ™, powerful Triple Whitening Trio ™ and the innovative Youth Ferment ™ – specially formulated for Asian skin to help lift away all veils of discoloration, infuse skin with hydration and visibly firm & define contour.
It’s an all-in-one whitening, moisturizing and anti-ageing product. This powerhouse serum corrects and unifies uneven skin tone from its innermost layers to create a luminous skin & unprecedented radiant glow. It also helps to lighten pigmentation and minimize pores for a smooth, flawless complexion.
La Mer harnessed the healing and transformative powers of the deep sea to create a lightweight and easy-to-apply formula that does more than the generic skin whitening – “ Our scientists have discovered that we cannot achieve the spotless luminosity of youthful-looking skin by targeting pigmentation alone, ” “ We must also address the multiple veils of discoloration, dryness, and skin sagging as well. “
This pioneering trident approach to skin whitening leads to the combination of La Mer’s legendary Miracle Broth with the exclusive Smoothing Ferment, the ultra-potent Whitening Trio, and the innovative Youth Ferment into a miracle product.
Skin discoloration has 3 components – Gray spots due to rough and dull skin as well as enlarged pores; Inflammation and skin sensitivity due to environmental irritants bring about redness; Brown spots caused by aging and melasma. Each of these discolorations is targeted by the powerful healing components of The Whitening Essence Intense.
The Smoothing Ferment, charged in part by an active brown algae called Laminaria Saccharina, speeds up the skin’s natural exfoliation process to help lift off that gray dullness that lends a tired and rough outlook to the face; Skin is left looking clearer & more refined, with less visible pores.
To combat redness, the healing properties of the seaborne elixir Miracle Broth is further enhanced by the anti-oxidant properties of lime tea extract, which soothes the skin from irritants and protects it from future signs of irritation.
For those stubborn brown spots, the Whitening Trio formula helps dissolve dense melanin clusters. This trio formula, a combination of the White Nutrient Ferment, Concentrated Vibra White Ferment & Concentrated White Algae Ferment, works in synergy with the Miracle Broth to inhibit the excess production of melanin and to intercept the skin’s multiple melanin pathways, preventing future discoloration.
Once discoloration has been lifted to reveal the purer, brighter skin underneath, The Whitening Essence Intense then works to hydrate the skin, once again with La Mer’s signature Miracle Broth.
Dryness in the skin is alleviated by hyaluronic acid. The Whitening Essence Intense also firms the complexion up with the potent powers of the Youth Ferment & Miracle Broth. These ferments boost collagen production of the skin, thus facial contours appear firmer and more defined.
Light-catching optics in the serum also create an illuminating white halo effect on the skin, achieving the ” white diamond skin ” effect.
Tempted? You should be.
Let me tell you how I got hooked onto this wonderful product. I was trying this out in duty free before my painstaking long haul flight ( yeah, almost 24 hours ) ……
I was totally amazed by the refreshing texture & hydrating properties of Whitening Essence Intense. My skin felt so nourished & revitalized upon application, and the surprise continues. This serum was absorbed immediately, leaving a smoothed, refined & semi-matt yet luminous finish behind. It was love at first sight, but the almost £200 price tag had me hesitating.
Fast forward 24 hours – with a transit, a shower & a re-application ( Blanc de La Mer range is widely available in Asian’s Duty Free ), my complexion remains soothed, plumped & radiant, despite the jet lag & hostile cabin’s environment! I am totally a believer by then. Nothing had ever made my complexion that well behaved before.
I mean, this serum delivers an instant porcelain fine skin that is radiance infused! It’s as great as indulging your complexion with the legendary SKII cloth mask, without the hassle of dribbling & sticky residue to be massaged in.
Since I bought this, I had been using this underneath La Mer Oil Controlling lotion for almost 3 weeks, on a daily basis – This is actually very significant for a product whore like myself; It is really that great that I can’t be bothered with the rest……
Yes, La Mer Whitening Essence Intense is my HG serum & I am addicted to it.
Don’t worry, I wouldn’t stop testing out other products for the blog’s sake, but I seriously doubt that I will find a better product than this.
Photo of WEI’s texture & consistency courtesy of beyondjealous.wordpress.com
Oil-free, oil-absorbing, fast-penetrating; Hydrates & nourishes with a long lasting soft matte finish.
A versatile, uber light version of the legendary Crème de la Mer. This lotion is formulated with smart algae to help control excess oil & shine, not to mention La Mer trademark miraculous broth. Available in a hygiene, airless dispensing pump container.
This silky lotion may be the one, the holygrail moisturizer! After years of experimenting & searching, I think I might be ready to settle with this one……
My skin is softer and smoother and appears the best it ever has. The incredible soft matte finish lasted about 6 hours before any oily breakthrough is visible, yet my skin felt so nourished & protected. Make up also glides on flawlessly. Great product for oily / combination skin.
Totally worth the hefty price tag, IMO. The trick is to purchase the grande size in duty free.
To be precise, my Inflight beauty regime /rescue.
Sisley Eye Contour Mask – to hydrates, energizes, decongest & minimises puffiness; I saturate the cotton pads and leave it on ( underneath the sleeping eye mask / pad ) during my inflight nap.
Sisley Express Flower Gel – instant hydration boost & refreshing treatment before boarding ( only takes 3 minutes ) & landing; I call this my portable moisture reservoir.
Lanolips 101 Oilment – comforting balm for lips & cuticles; Smooths, lubricates & plumps.
La Mer Oil Absorbing Lotion – nourishing & nutritive enough for the harsh cabin air, yet manages to keep my skin matte & refreshed despite the long haul flight across time zones ( 11 hours ! )
My pick of the 100 greatest beauty products :
1) Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex – cult classic for a reason, think of it as an investment / insurance plan for your youthful disposition, my advice ? Start early.
2) Clinique Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector – an eraser that wipe out multitudes of ageing signs, without abrasion & invasion ( that includes your bank account as well ).
3) Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil – THE oil, absolute indulgence that helps your skin looks its best.
4) La Mer The Radiant Serum – firms, hydrates, polishes & illuminates for a bright
5) Prevage Clarity Targeted Skin Tone Corrector – fight time & even out skin tone, in an ultra nourishing base that’s surprisingly light & pleasant.
6) Perricone Acyl Glutathione – THE iron & sewing machine, as I would call it; Nip, tuck & press your worn out skin with this wonderful cream that delivers what it promises.
7) Sisley Supremya – ultimate extravaganza; Turning back time couldn’t be more effortless & luxurious.
8) Caudalie Premier Cru – advance formulation that protects & preserves, restores & revives; Champagne treat for the complexion, cheers !
9) Snowberry Soothing Facial Massage Oil – simply gorgeous & nurturing ! Pioneering & sophisticated.
10) Lancome Genifique Youth Activator – youth preserver, totally worth its weight/reputation/buzz.
11) Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Concentrate – amazing brighteners with Tranexamic acid; Quasi-medicinal serum that leaves your complexion porcelain fine.
12) Antipodes Joyous Protein Rich Night Replenish Serum – nature’s gift, God’s send; Nourishing oil that plumps, boosts circulation & feeds the skin.
13) Sarah Chapman Skinesis Age Repair Concentrate – advance formula that incorporates exotic plant extracts & scientifically developed molecules. Simply divine.
14) Dr Sebagh Supreme Maintenance Youth Serum – facial resuscitation for rich bitches.
15) GlamGlow Tingling Exfoliating Mud Mask – you’ll need to use this to appreciate why Hollywood loves it. This volcanic pumice endowed mask rocks !
16) Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask – draws & purifies, revives & remineralises.
17) Sisley Express Flower Gel – flower dews that rehydrates & refresh in a flash.
18) Eve Lom Rescue Mask – powerhouse astringent that cleans, renews & awakes the complexion; Emergencies essential.
19) La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50 – weightless yet almighty when it comes to sun protection.
20) Hampton Sun Super Hydrating Face Cream SPF 15 – best scented ( or should I say unscented? ) sunscreen ever; Double up effectively as a moisturiser. Super hydrating, as its name implies.
21) Lierac Dioptilisse Lifting – decongests, firms, lifts & conceals. Morning must haves.
22) Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator – brightens & revives; Stimulating application/delivery methods.
23) La Mer The Eye Balm Intense – easily the best nourishing eye cream ever created.
24) Sisley Eye Contour Mask – multi-purpose treatment mask for the eyes. THE eye rescue, IMO.
25) Lancome Bi-Facil - best eye cleanser that removes long lasting, waterproof makeup; Gentle & efficient.
To be continue……
Definitely a collector item; Especially if you’re an avid La Mer fan.
This cream is actually worth its hype, if you use the correct method & technique to apply it – My winter skin saver.
Yes, I am a huge fan of this dense, nurturing cream, not the other versions such as gel-cream or lotion.
The original is the best.
My bare face essentials:
1) Purifying mask, like Eve Lom Rescue Mask ( doubles up as an exfoliator ), followed by hydrating ritual, such as SK II Facial Mask. ( saturates skin with moisture & nutrients till it looks plumped & glowing )
2) A multi-tasking serum; Hello! Guerlain Midnight Star Radiance Treatment.
3) Toning, brightening & decongesting eye gel. My favourite is La Mer Eye Concentrate.
4) Thick layer of nourishing, breathe freshening lip balm; Eve Lom Kiss Mix is yet to be superseded.
What’s you secret weapons for fresh face beauty?
The new Marine De-Puff Ferment™, The Lifting Ferment™ and a potent concentration of The Miracle Broth™ – the seaborne elixir known for its healing energies – penetrate deep within the skin’s surface for a remarkable change, while the unique balm texture offers the utmost in comfort.
In a short while, the look of puffiness, lines and wrinkles is diminished as clarity is revealed. La Mer’s proprietary silver-tipped applicator cools skin on contact to help stimulate mircocirculation.
Strengthened against future damage, the eye area emerges visibly transformed – infused with a look of vibrancy, life and youth.
La Mer Eye Balm Intense is an intensive cream gel that instantly revives my fatigue eyes, de-puffs my bags & un-wrinkles those annoying dry lines & expression lines around my eyes. Unlike most nourishing eye cream, this balm feels light & refreshing, absorbed quickly and leaves no greasy residues. It also facilitates concealer & eye make up application.
I tried the sample for 2 weeks, I am so impressed by this and bought myself the full size jar. I apply this with the silver tip applicator, which enhances the potency & penetration of this miracle broth. It’s not mean to be used to tackle dark circles; For dark shadows banishing, La Mer Eye Concentrate is the choice.
I had yet to come across a better eye balm/cream/gel since …… ( I don’t even remember when was the last time an eye product managed to impress me! )
As the popularity of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month has spread, so have the pink products that flood store shelves in support of the cause. Women ( and men who love them ) should have compelling first-hand reasons for wanting to raise funds for the second leading cause of cancer death in women today.
These are the products you could treat yourself this October, for the sake of retail therapy cancer research……
Go on, be gorgeous for a cause; Support breast cancer awareness & research……
I had so far treated myself with Darphin Intral Soothing cream, Moroccanoil LE tote bag set, Jo Malone Red Roses EDT; Planning of getting Shiseido luminizing gloss in Pop Life & Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising gel.
What about you? Even a bottle of mineral water in your local supermarket contributes; Every little helps! ( Opp, so Tesco )